Student Alumni Ambassadors
Ambassadors serve on the leadership board of the UNT Student Alumni Association (SAA) and are the official student representatives of the UNT Alumni Association, providing service to the University of North Texas. Selection of ambassadors takes place each spring.
Applications for SAA Ambassadors will open in April of 2024.
Ambassador Program Details
Student Ambassador Responsibilities
- Serve at UNT Alumni Association and University Advancement events.
- Represent the organization's mission and market to prospective members.
- Engage with alumni and graduating seniors to promote the UNT Alumni Association.
- Collaborate to improve and promote the UNT Ring Ceremony and other events.
- Represent the UNT Alumni Association at campus event planning meetings.
Student Ambassador Benefits
- Free branded professional apparel.
- Networking with alumni at events, such as regional gatherings, tailgates at the UNT Alumni Pavilion and the UNT Distinguished Alumni Achievement Awards ceremony.
- Development of communication, public speaking and networking skills.
- Leadership, professional development and mentorship opportunities.
Student Ambassador Eligibility and Qualifications
- Must be currently enrolled at UNT (fall term). Term will be from May through May of the following year.
- Membership in the ambassador program will be renewed each semester by discretion of the student director.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing at UNT.
- Must currently have and maintain a 2.75 cumulative UNT GPA or higher.
- Must be able to meet monthly during fall/spring semesters on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong networking and customer service skills.
Alumni Ambassadors must join the UNT Student Alumni Association as an annual dues-paying member ($20/year) upon acceptance to the ambassador program.
Contact Corinne French, director of student and young alumni engagement, at Corinne.French@unt.edu.