UNT Day the Capitol
Legislative Advocacy for UNT
UNT Day at the Capitol presents a bold opportunity for alumni, students and friends to increase public and legislative support for the University of North Texas.
During the 2019 legislative session, more than 150 members of the UNT family visited legislators and turned the halls of the Capitol Mean Green.
Our 2021 efforts will look a little different due to the COVID-19 pandemic — we’re planning a grassroots letter-writing campaign to share the value of a UNT degree and gain support for the university’s funding priorities.
Interested in using your voice to support higher education and your university? Submit the questionnaire and we’ll be in touch!
Celebrating Success in 2021
Our 2021 efforts looked a little different due to the COVID-19 pandemic — but we achieved tremendous success! We planned a grassroots letter-writing campaign to gain support for the university’s funding priorities. Thanks to you and your passion, we saw the following impact:
- The Legislature added much-needed formula funding for enrollment growth at UNT. Overall, the UNT System received about $24 million more in funding than initially expected.
- UNT’s general revenue was increased by $38 million, or 19.5%.
- UNT received $500,000 for its Center for Agile and Adaptive Additive Manufacturing (CAAAM).
You can always reach out to legislators in support of the university — even when we’re not in a Legislative Advocacy campaign! See below for resources that will help you communicate your North Texas pride and showcase the value of your UNT degree.
- Contact information for your legislators
- Overview of UNT’s legislative funding priorities
- Sample phrases to include when writing to legislators
- General UNT points of pride
Interested in participating in our next UNT Day at the Capitol campaign? Email us at email@example.com.