Legislative Advocacy for UNT
UNT Day at the Capitol presents a bold opportunity for alumni, students and friends to increase public and legislative support for the University of North Texas.
During the 2019 legislative session, more than 120 members of the UNT family visited legislators and turned the halls of the Capitol Mean Green.
Plan for 2021
Our 2021 efforts will look a little different due to the COVID-19 pandemic — we’re planning a grassroots letter-writing campaign to share the value of a UNT degree and gain support for the university’s funding priorities.
Legislative Appropriations Requests
View a detailed explanation of UNT’s FY 2022 – FY 2023 requests (PDF).
Priority Item Requests
- Formula funding at 100%
- Continued funding for the Center for Agile and Adaptive Additive Manufacturing (CAAAM)
- Funding for the Center for Integrated Intelligent Mobility Systems (CIIMS)
- Funding for the Center for Racial and Ethnic Equity in Health and Society (CREEHS)
- Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science funding
Tuition Revenue Bonds
- Tuition revenue bond request for Science and Technology Research Building
- Commerce, Analytics, Technology and Engineering (CATE) Building for UNT New College at Frisco
To learn how you can use your voice for UNT this legislative session, email Claudia Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.